The Community School of the Arts has a professional faculty of close to 30 instructors available to teach private instrumental and voice lessons at the Community School of the Arts on the main campus in Storrs in the Music Department. Lessons are available to students of all ages and ability levels on orchestral string instruments, wind and brass band instruments, piano, guitar, and percussion instruments, as well as voice.
Individual Music Lesson students meet with an instructor once per week for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Lessons fall into seasonal sessions; the number of weeks per session are outlined in the fee chart below. Students have opportunities to perform through CSA student recitals, concerts and at outreach programs in the community that are held at the end of each semester and throughout the year.
Voice and Piano Skills combines weekly individual 30 minute lessons with instructions in solfege, reading music, and basic piano and vocal skills.
Suzuki Lessons (Guitar and Violin) are also offered at CSA. Information about these programs can be found here.
- Our music faculty consists of close to 30 professional musicians with professional performance and training experience in their area of specialty. In addition, many full- and part-time faculty and lecturers, or doctoral and graduate students from the UCONN Department of Music teach through the Community School of the Arts.
- All lessons are scheduled by calling the Community School of the Arts, at 860-486-1073.
- Lesson or course fees should be paid in full at time of registration and must be paid in full prior to the first lesson.
- Students will be registered for all weeks in the session with the exception of certain national holidays and school closings.
- No make-ups will be given for student absences. If a lesson is cancelled due to teacher absence or weather closings, a make-up lesson will be scheduled. All makeups must occur before the end of the semester in which classes or lessons were missed.
Registration and payment are required prior to the first lesson. Lessons fall into seasonal sessions; the number of weeks per session are outlined in the fee chart below. Sessions may contain fewer weeks when lesson days fall on holidays. Students will be registered for all weeks remaining in the session at the time of registration. Those registering after the start of the session will receive a prorated cost for the remaining weeks.
Location: UConn Drama-Music and Music Building, UConn Storrs Campus, 802 Bolton Road, Storrs, CT 06269
Times for lessons must be prearranged by calling the CSA Main Office at 860-486-1073.
|Lesson Length||Cost per Lesson||Fall Session (14 weeks)||Winter Session (10 weeks)||Spring Session (9 weeks)
*starts March 28th!
|Summer Session (Varied)|
|1/2 hour weekly||$30||$420||$300||$270||varied|
|3/4 hour weekly||$41||$574||$410||$369||varied|
|1 hour weekly||$54||$756||$540||$486||varied|